Saturday, May 27, 2006

Mac Mini part 1

I have upgraded from a PC to a Mac Mini, and I think it is fantastic. It may only be a small computer but it is very powerful. What attracted me to the Mac is the fact that it "just works" out of the box, and provides a host of useful software. Also it has wireless networking and Bluetooth built in, something that many Windows desktop PC's do not feature, as I suspect that PC makers do not think that users need these on anything but a laptop.

What I like about the Mac Mini is that can bring your existing keyboard, mouse and monitor with you to your Mini from your PC, thus keeping the cost down, and I think because of this many Windows PC owners might consider switching to a Mac, because a Mac is more stable than a PC due to being built on a UNIX operating system environment.

Microsoft and other PC makes have a lot to learn from the Mini, mainly due to the shape as it is much smaller than a PC, looks elegant, and would not be out of place sitting in a living room. Also the amount of software built in to it is fantastic as well, and includes iLife 06 the fantastic suit of programs that can edit movies, photos, make a website and more. iSync for syncing with a mobile phone, PDA or .mac account on the web, the excellent Safari web browser, and Mail, iCal and Address Book.

As I learn more about my Mac there will be more to say in my blog, so stay tuned.

No comments: