Thursday, March 01, 2007

Apple ProCare

Recently I purchased a great product to go along side my Apple Mac Mini. It’s called ProCare and it helps me get a lot out of my Mac. For just £79 a year I get up to 52 training sessions - 1 per week and 156 technical support incidents - 3 per week along a yearly tune up, and screen, keyboard clean to ensure that my Mac is running at it’s best. This is a fantastic service and I’m surprised that no PC maker has thought of an idea like this!

I have already had my first training session and it was really good to be able to learn off an Apple expert, and get answers to the questions I had, without the feeling that I was being stupid for asking them, as well as getting the chance to work with files I had created, and get advice as to how to get them to work in the way I wanted.

Apple Mac’s may not be the market leading home computer, but couple the ProCare service with their fantastic computers and I think they are on to winner. Add in the fantastic .mac service, iLife ’06 and iWork ’06 and you definitely have a winning combo. I think in the future we will see Apple Computer becoming more popular in the home, due to their ease of use, and the proliferation of Apple Stores around the country.

No comments: