Thursday, July 11, 2019

Showing my Gay Pride

Some of you will know that I am gay, and will have seen photos of my with my partner, complete with me carrying my "man bag" which has a few gay pin badges on the bags strap. I thought I'd share with you what the badges meaning is, and what they mean to me.


The first badge I got in Polo Ralph Lauren for making a donation to the LGBTQ charity Stonewall, and it represents the fact that I am gay and happy to show the world I am an LGBTQ+ supporter.

The second badge is a Pride badge from the London Transport Museum, and includes black and brown stripes which shows support within the LGBTQ+ community for people of colour.

The third badge is the male symbol, and the 2 on this badge symbolise that I am a gay male in a gay relationship with my partner, something I am very happy to be in and proud of.

The fourth badge is a Christian cross symbol, which symbolises that I am a Gay Christian, and proud to tell the world that, even if it means that I upset other Christians, who think being Gay is wrong because the Bible supposedly says so.

No comments: