Sunday, September 25, 2005

Email for Keeps

An idea came to me a week ago, concerning e-mail. I thought wouldn't it be great if there was an e-mail service that gave you an e-mail address for life, but without all the advertising, spam and viruses etc. Well I decided that as part of Downings IT Support, the computer business run by me and a friend, I would set one up, so readers, if you want an e-mail address for life, head on over to http://www.emailforkeeps.co.uk and sign up!

I think it's time that services such as Hotmail, Yahoo! Mail etc realised that people do not want to send e-mail tagged with an advert underneath, or see loads of adverts when they try to view their e-mail, also they should not be subjected to loads of spam, just because they have joined a well known e-mail service. That why I hope that e-mail for Keeps, becomes a well respected service, as I believe it can, because it will not allow advertising at the bottom of e-mails, bombard its users with advertising in e-mails nor allow viruses to get in to mailboxes.

Also take a few moments to check out Downings Today - the news and weather portal at http://today.downingsnet.co.uk - you might just find that it's a webpage you want to visit again and again!

No comments: