Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Timescape

Recently I purchased a new Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 mobile phone, to replace my old phone a ZTE Racer with a hard to use resistive touch screen. On my new Xperia there is a great app called Timescape that integrates with your contact list, thus enabling you to click on a contact and not only see the text messages they have sent you, along with a call log, you also see their Facebook and Twitter updates as well all in one nice timeline - something that other Android phone manufacturers should look at integrating - on my ZTE Racer I had to look a different apps to see Twitter and Facebook posts etc.

Timescape is a great addition to the Android OS, but has one drawback that I feel needs addressing by Sony Ericsson - it's good having a widget that shows the latest text message, Facebook and Twitter status messages from your contacts and people you follow on Twitter or are friends with on Facebook, but I think the widget and Timescape could be improved by allowing you to speicify for example to only show posts from those in your contact list etc.

It would also be useful if Sony Ericsson provided more plugins for Timescape, I use Google Buzz and it would be good to be able to see Google Buzz messages and post to Google Buzz via Timescape, and also have access to Sony Ericsson's rival to BlackBerry Messenger Hanashi - http://www.hanashi.se

No comments: