Friday, June 04, 2010

ovi by Nokia

Recently I have been using Nokia’s new ovi service on my mobile phone. For those who don’t know what ovi is, it provides users with an e-mail address, calendar, address book, task list, software store for Nokia phones etc. It’s great that I can sync my mobile phones calendar and contact list with ovi on the web but I feel ovi needs to be able to do a lot more.

I think ovi should offer some of the services that Apple’s MobileMe offers, such as push e-mail, calendars and contacts etc. It would be great to be able to create an appointment in my calendar on my Mac, and have it automatically sync to ovi on the net, and then to my mobile phone, without me having to tell the phone / computer to synchronise etc.

Hopefully one of these days Nokia will modify ovi and introduce such a service, as I’m sure it would benefit loads of mobile phone users!

No comments: