Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Nespresso Compatible Capsules

Great to see that the number of companies offering compatible capsules for the Nespresso system has increased. However with this brings the question, when making compatible capsules, do you aim to make a top quality capsule at roughly the same price as a Nespresso capsule, or do you go for the cheaper option, and make a capsule 50p or so cheaper than Nespresso, with the equivalent quality a cheaper capsule brings?

I recently bought some Nespresso compatible capsules that were about 20% cheaper than the Nespresso ones, and I guess I was swayed by the price, more than the quality, as having got towards the end of the first box of 10, I realised that the coffee quality was not as good as Nespresso. This proved to me that cheaper is not in this case just as good as the original Nespresso capsules.

Whilst I think it is good to have 1 or 2 brands of capsules that are sold in a supermarket chain, as this allows those who don't wish to order online, or visit a Nespresso boutique the chance to get capsules for their machine, I think these capsules have to be as good a Nespresso original, or not sold at all, otherwise it damages the Nespresso brand.

No comments: