Sunday, May 01, 2005

Build it Yourself

Yesterday I bought a new computer operators chair for my room, with a leather trim, from a local store. This chair required making it yourself, which I had no problem with. When I unpacked the chair I thought it shouldn't be too difficult as long as I follow the instructions. Upon reading the instructions, I realised that if I followed them I would not be able to put the chair together. Eventually I got 95% of the chair built, and came to the arm rests for the chair. One of the arm rests fitted like a glove, the other refused to, as 2 of the 3 holes were not cut out correctly. After making the holes bigger, buy removing some of the fabric I managed to get the arm rest to fit.

It seems that manufacturers of build it yourself furniture, cant seem to be able to make holes for screws that align up correctly, are too small, or hidden by fabric that hasn't been cut correctly. I feel it is about time that manufacturers made sure that everything worked as it should when it left the factory.

Only thing I have to do now is change my mouse pad from an ergonomic one to an ordinary one, as due to the height of the chair, my wrist does not work well with this type of mouse pad. I might even be tempted to lower the height of my monitor, so that I get a better view, tho I am not sure on this.

No comments: