Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Mobile Phone Contracts

At the weekend I decided to sort out an upgrade to a new phone on my current mobile phone contract, as my contract was coming to an end within a few weeks. I went in to the Carphone Warehouse to enquire what my options would be. I explained to the assistant who served me that I wanted a Sony Ericsson K750i No problem he said, but upon looking at my contract explained to me that the upgrade price was £150. I was disgustedbecausee a new user on the same contract could get the phone for free. So I had to get a new contract, still at £35 a month. No problem I signed up for one. The Downside of this though, is that I had to have credit check done and change my mobile number. I don't mind having a new mobile number, as it ensures that only those that need my mobile number have it, but it comes with the hassle of telling everyone you have a new one.

I think it is disgusting that mobile phone companies will happily give free phones to new customers, but not to existing customers. This means that many customers will go elsewhere as they feel let down by their network. I have said to Carphone Warehouse, in my cancellation letter, that I am unhappespeciallyly when they have adverts on TV saying they treat all new anexistingng customers the same.

It is about time the law in this country was changed so that companies have to offer existing customers the same as new customers, for example my former bank gives new customers a great deal on a current and savings account for new customers, with a 6% interest rate on the savings account, yet can't give existing customers the same interest rate on the same savings account.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here. I know this has nothing to do with your site but I have a new blog that I've just started, its been up for a couple of days. I gave my blog a cool title which seems to attract visitors:

www.adminsupervisor.blogspot.com

Have you got any suggestions about stuff you would like to read about??? Take a look if you get the chance. I want my blog to be cutting edge...a good read. lol...your'll understand when you see it!

The other site I have is a work from home pc site. Its all about, need I say it, working from home. I think people should have the choice to build their own income instead of somebody else’s. Freedom of well being and all of that...anyway take a look see what you think.

Keep up the good work, I'll be back to visit + I'll be at any suggestions you have about my blog.

Adrian